classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
lonwaysafety lonwaysafety
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The New Mom Advice That I’m Finally Following

The New Mom Advice That I’m Finally Following

AdvertisementNew moms always get a ton of advice prior to and after delivering their new baby. It seems as if anyone and everyone wants to offer a tip or trick that would benefit Mom. But a lot of it is solid, valuable advice. And there is one piece of advice that I’ve been told repeatedly and even told other moms to try to follow.“Sleep when the baby sleeps.”You know you’ve heard it before and have probably given moms-to-be the same recommendation. When it comes to sleep,baby clothes, we have to look out for each other and help ensure our fellow mamas get their share of rest. With our newborns, it’s a little bit easier to adhere to this idea. Our bodies so desperately need to sleep, that it’s easy to succumb to slumber while baby snoozes.But is there a time limit to that suggestion? Once Baby hits a certain age, do we have to give up that practice? I say, absolutely not! In fact, I’m adhering to it more now than ever.Mothering four children is a lot of work. Factor in nursing and multiple nighttime feedings, it’s obvious that I’m not getting enough rest. So what’s a sleep deprived mama to do?I nap when Amani naps!  I’ll take to the couch with my toddler either reading books,baby care, watching her favorite show, or napping along with me. I don’t do it every day,baby toys, but I’ve done it enough times to realize that that’s seriously a sage piece of advice. I get to take back some restful moments to rejuvenate myself for the rest of my day.What advice did you receive as a new mom that’s still applicable today?